December 21, 2012

A Working Vacation


Are you one of those people? Do you have a hard time switching from workaholic mode to relaxation time?

Because I do. I've found when I have "downtime" I'll either fill it up with work or restlessly pace the room, unable or unwilling to do something just for pleasure. It's unnerving to have a free day stretching before me and not know how to fill it. I don't remember having that problem as a child, when going to the moon, painting an epic masterpiece and catching a frog were all decent options to waste the day.

And now I'm going out to the countryside for a few days, where relaxation is more or less enforced. Ye gods.

How do you deal with downtime? Do you find the switch between work and play easy? Any sweet plans for the holidays I can copy (or enjoy through you vicariously)?

No comments:

Post a Comment