On reflection, here's what I've learned... beyond the awkward price of honesty.
- Reviews are subjective. I knew this before, but now my certainty is bone deep
- Quickly casting ephemeral experiences into substantive words is taxing
- Writing to sound smart is lame
- Giving away plot points is theft - from the playwright and future audiences
- I'm inexperienced. I always will be
- Writing pans or praise is easy. Reviewing the vast majority of shows, which are neither turds or triumphs, is tricky
- If your own writing isn't entertaining and filled with passion, you should turn in your pen