June 1, 2012

Here there be Dragons (New Commute)

On Monday I'm starting my internship at the Winnipeg Free Press as a copy editor on the night rim shift. Yes, the official term is night rim. I've thought of five jokes since starting to write this sentence, but I'll keep this blog classy... until my term is over.

I'm going to try biking to work everyday as a 1) path to better health and 2) path to not waiting for the bus. The  WFP offices are a little ways away, but I think I've mapped out my course:


4 comments:

  1. Biking to work is amazing, you feel more awesome than automobile drivers, and when it rains and you actually bike (whatever you feel about it) people think you are more awesome for it. Hardcore!!! (the word awesome is not over-used...i think...awesome!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the Traverse of the Moral Highground past the Darkened Vale of Traffic Lights that Turn Green the Minute you Reach a Full Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you entered the recite-the-stylebook contest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm as prepared for that as I am for the Father's Day marathon. But I will DAZZLE with the number of notes I take.

    ReplyDelete